Canon Day at the Toronto Zoo gave the 10,000+ visitors the chance to capture their experience with beautiful photo memories. They could visit the Canon stations throughout the zoo and borrow a Canon camera to learn how to take the best photos of the animals, family and friends with the help of Canon photo experts.
Edelman also had two pieces of 3D art designed so that visitors could have their photo taken “in” the artwork. The photos were taken by pro Canon photographers and printed onsite for free on Canon photo printers – further showcasing the capabilities of Canon products to the public.
To promote the zoo day to the public, Edelman worked with local media to publicize that if families brought a Canon camera to the zoo on that day, they received a free child’s admission.
The day was a success:
• 240 people redeemed free children’s admission coupons
• 4,000 swag bags were handed out; including product tips and information, coupons and memory cards
• CP24 promoted the event, along with 14 online outlets, generating nearly 16 million impressions
• Two influencers from the National Post and CityLine joined a private media tour where they were able to borrow Canon cameras and received one-on-one tips on photographing their children and animals at the zoo.
• Visitors gave positive feedback. One shared: “I have worked on numerous marketing projects with people but seriously, I wish I had thought of it or something similar to it.”